A Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) is the first step in the process of returning a product in order to receive a repair, replacement or refund. Please contact MEAN support to obtain authorization to return your firearm so we can process it quickly and efficiently. The RMA number that is supplied by MEAN must be displayed on the outside of the returned product's packaging; returns without an RMA number will be routed differently which will result in delayed processing.
The issuance of an Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) allows MEAN an opportunity to try to diagnose and correct a customer's concerns with the product (such as ammunition problems) before it is returned. Accordingly, please contact us before returning your MEAN firearm.
Should your MEAN firearm require service, it should be returned to MEAN. Do NOT ship a firearm prior to receiving an RMA from MEAN.
Call or e-mail support for authorization and shipping instructions.
MEAN Support contact information:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-889-8960
- Ensure that the firearm is unloaded.
- Do not attempt to ship a firearm via US Postal Service; only federally licensed dealers may ship a firearm by US Postal Service. However, a nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. We would recommend UPS or FedEx to ship your firearm.
- DO NOT SHIP ANY AMMUNITION.
- Enclose a letter which includes your full name and address (no P.O. Boxes, please), daytime telephone number, e-mail address, RMA number, the serial number of the firearm, and details of the problem experienced (stating the brand and type of ammunition used when the problem occurred) or work desired.
- Record the serial number before shipping, in case you wish to check on the repair status of your firearm.
- Please remove all custom parts and accessories, such as stocks, special sights and scopes, or slings from your firearm before returning.
- Place the firearm in its original case or in a similarly secure container and pack it securely.
- The package must NOT bear any markings which indicate the identity of the contents.
- It is most important that you comply with federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The following guidelines are meant to help, but you must seek assistance from the appropriate authorities if necessary.
- If your firearm must be replaced, it may be necessary to ship the replacement to a dealer rather than directly to you. You will be requested to furnish a signed FFL (Federal Firearms License) from your dealer in such an instance.
- Warranty repair work will begin upon receipt and examination of the firearm. In the case of repairs or work not covered by the warranty, a quotation covering the cost of the work plus round trip transportation charges will be sent to you. Repairs or modification will be scheduled upon receipt of payment.
- A parts list can be obtained by contacting MEAN Customer Support.
- WARNING: YOU MAY PURCHASE ACCESSORIES FOR YOUR MEAN FIREARM. YOU MUST HAVE SOME OF THESE PARTS INSTALLED BY A GUNSMITH QUALIFIED TO PERFORM SERVICE ON MEAN FIREARMS. YOU MUST NEVER ATTEMPT TO MODIFY YOUR FIREARM OR INSTALL REPLACEMENT PARTS IN YOUR FIREARM. ALWAYS USE A QUALIFIED MEAN GUNSMITH EVEN IF THE REPAIR SEEMS TO BE SIMPLE.
MEAN also provides service for general repairs. Call or e-mail support prior to shipping to arrange service. Below is the list of pricing: (Prices subject to change without notice.)
MEAN Service contact information:
email@example.com or 404-889-8960
Price includes labor/service only and does not include any parts.
- Minimum Charge (Repair) - $45
- Clean, Adjust and Test Fire - $50-75
- Scope Mounting - $35
- Install Sights - $35-45
- Trigger Job - $75-95
- Change out Buffer Tube - $35
- Install Free-Float Hand Guard - $75
- Change Muzzle Brake - $20
- Install Non Free-Float Guard or Rail - $40
- Install AR-15 Sling Endplate Adapter - $35